As some of you know, the daughters and the Doods have had a few jealousy issues. I hate to say it, but with what my kids went through in my really, really long bodybuilding phase, they should be thrilled at my obsession with the dogs instead of my biceps. Here are some of the top reasons:
1. I no longer walk around flexing.
2. Instead of living in spandex, I have practical outfits for walking the dogs.
3. Instead of a fake questionable shade of tan, I now wear ten layers of sunblock when I hike with the dogs.
THE DOODS We’ll take the credit for that. At her age, she should be using industrial strength sunblock.
4. I used to drag the daughters to countless bodybuilding competitions, even to the point when they were old enough to yell, “Mom, flex your abs” from the audience. Now I take my grandchildren to dog class with me.
5. Recently I was a little envious when I heard about a 68 year old woman who is the world’s oldest martial arts champion. For the record, they do have senior bodybuilding competitions. The daughters should be happy that I’m too busy with the Doods to train.
The DOODS Oh sure, blame it on us like that’s the only reason.
6. The daughters are no longer being bench pressed by future felons.
ELBEE I was eavesdropping again so I’ll explain. When the daughters were little she would bring them to a hard core muscle gym and sit them with their dolls and books while she trained. One of the bodybuilders who used to play games with them is now in jail for double murder. Really?
Ok, not my best parenting decision but he seemed very nice at the time.
7. Do I have to say anything about this photo. Yes, it’s me and my partner Ray. No, it’s not photo shopped and yes, my husband and the daughters and Ray’s future wife Tammy were all in the audience using fake names.